Cut ties with toxic sibling? ....Explaination to one of comments. Thanks all!

To answer one person's question, this sister has always been cutting me to the bone verbally hurting me in some way to the point that I have been to psychologists and psychiatrists etc. I went to my medical doctor today (she and I had an email "war" a couple of weeks ago) & he told me for my health, self esteem and my relationship with my husband and children I should stay away. I have 4 older siblings.... from a very dysfunctional family. The oldest one & the middle one I get along with. My brother and sister closest to my age are VERY TOXIC & mean to me (they are so much alike!!). I am a very sensitive person and it kills me to be around them. When sister is nice she always has an ulterior motive. My oldest sister & mom thinks she is jealous of me. I hardly have any self esteem & am a depressive type person by nature. I worry that God will hold it against me for cutting ties. I don't hate her just fear what she'll do next

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• God is NOT going to punish you for loving yourself enough to get away from a toxic person. When the toxic sibling gets over being a jerk then you can make amends. Until then protect yourself, you self esteem, regain your self respect and protect your children from the ugliness of toxicity.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If you view yourself as god's child, then think of it as if it were your daughter being mistreated at the hands of her sibligs, would you fault her for keeping her distance?
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You should do what is best for you. Even if thet means cutting your ties with your sister. Sometimes you don't need enemies when you have sisters.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh sweetie, God is not going to hold anything against you. Can you imagine the shell you will be 10 years from now if you continue on with these relationships? Not only for your sake, but for your children's sake as well you need to stay away from those hurtful siblings. If your children see that you will stay in a destructive relationship because you are afraid of something, guess what types of relationships they will find yourself in. Now imagine if this was one of your child's boyfriend or girlfriend. What if it was an old flame of yours? What if these siblings belonged to your husband? What advice would you give them? What would you hope for them? If you wouldn't allow your family members to do it, then don't allow yourself to do it. Who knows, they might grow up. If not, you are better off without them.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• God is infinitely forgiving. NO, he will NOT hold it against you.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on May. 8, 2009

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 AM on May. 8, 2009