Why is PETA viewed so badly?

Honestly, after getting into the circus question and watching the link that was posted, I did some research. Why do people think PETA is so bad? Do people REALLY know what they are all about? Have you looked into what their main cause and proof and evidence? horrific.

Why all the PETA bashing when they are just trying to stop animal suffering? They are trying to implement cruelty-free atmospheres for animals. What is wrong with that? why bash?

p.s. I am donating money NOW! I sick of trying to help idiot politicians-maybe I'll try helping innocent animals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well they just lack some credibility because they are so extreme.

For example, PETA threw a fit when a whole stadium of people were trying to break a world record for how many people could do the chicken dance all at once. They said that was degrading to animals.

I think there are better groups out there that just focus ending animal cruelty.
    Anonymous

• PETA are extreme extremists.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Aside from them leaving "rescue" animals for dead when they didn't have anywhere to put them? Or traumatizing small children with fake happy meals? Do some research on the founder's connections to ELF and ALF, known eco-terrorist organizations.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i think they need to tone down their ads. They obviously like Shock Value! I think Americans are so focused on meat as primary food that they think this group is crazy to push vegetarian/vegan lifestyles.

I really like the "truth" anti-smoking commercials. They just give the facts in funky ways. Maybe PETA should do something like that. In between food commercials...ha ha ha.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:05 PM on May. 7, 2009

• PETA has done more harm than good for the animal movement. They have assaulted people for wearing FAKE fur, while not taking care of animals that were IN their care.  Some of the statements they have made are SO out-there that they are frightening. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Peta is millitant and extreme they try to force their philosopy on others ( I am vegan I do not associate with Peta)
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 10:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe fully in animal rights activisim,but PETA? No thanks. I went through a PETA stage as a pre-teen, until I wised up and realized that all they are is a group of extremists.. Just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• PETA is nothing but an extreme group of wacko's.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• PETA I think has good intentions but they are way too extreme. They have in the past attacked people wearing furs, set loose show dogs, harmed people working in research facilities, ect....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm all for humane treatment of animals, however, this group wants to put animals rights right up there with human rights and that's just crazy. Animals are not equal to people, they are pets and food etc... PETA is just too extreme in their agenda.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:49 PM on May. 7, 2009