False Positive using Target brand HPT?

I was wondering if anyone has received false positives using the Target brand HPT, the type comparable to EPT with a . I tested and received a positive. I already have a doc apt in a couple of days so I'm not stressing but I'm just wondering.

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 9:41 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never ever heard of a false positive! you're pregnant, I used the Target brand too and was accurate
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• well i never took it but i have tooking a dollar store test it came out positive and now i have a beautiful 1 yr old...
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• There is no such thing as a false positive, because the test only reads hCG, which you can only have in your system once an embryo implants into a uterine lining or if you are taking a Trigger Shot while on fertility meds. Some women have a positive one day and a negative the next- because the test only measures hCG, this means that she has more than likely suffered a chemical pregnancy, where the embryo implants and begins to release hCG, but then stops developing and passes.

In short. YOU ARE PREGNANT.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh! and Congrats!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Umm I actually had a false positive, I used one of the ept digitals and it clearly said pregnant. Luckly I kept it in my backpack because when I went to my doctors appoitnment the next day they said I wasnt pregnant and then I showed them the pregnancy test that said positive. I wasnt pregnant though. I have no idea what happened and my doctors don't either. That was the first time it ever happened to me. All the other tests I've used are from the 99 cent store and they all been accurate.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Thank you everyone who answered. As I mentioned in my question I had a doctor appointment yesterday and turns out the test was right and I'm due January 5.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 7:24 PM on May. 10, 2009