is spaying/neutering animals against their rights?

Sounds pretty heinous to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what, are you going to ask them if they want kids or not? and the reason why a lot of people spay and neuter is cause they cant afford to feed all the mouths
    Anonymous

• No whats against their rights is having a litter of kittens/puppies that have to starve to death on the streets bc they have no home due to overcrowding in animal shelters or worse watching their litter be put to sleep for the same reason. Get your facts straight on the subject.
    Anonymous

• I love animal very much. I have 3 wonderfully cared for cats and an awesome dog. I believe that it is in my pets best interested to be spayed/neutered. It reduces the pet population which is out of control. So many perfectly pet quality animals are put down every day. There just aren't enough places for them to go. Also there are a lot of health benefits. The risk of cancer alone in an unaltered pet is very high. Plus if you really wanted to think about animal right (just a thought/question to consider) If it is against there rights to alter them is it also against there rights to 'own' them?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Should humans be spayed/neutered too if they have too many litters?
    Anonymous

• Over population and unwanted animals, hungry , abandoned, and sad sound pretty heinous too.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Animals have no rights when it comes to making reproductive decisions. They are the property of humans, not on the same level as humans. DUH... Animals mate every time they are instinctively urged to do so... come to think of it, a lot of humans act like animals when it comes to sex. Have no self respect & sleep with every body they meet while out and about on the prowl. I'd say a lot of humans need to be spayed and neutered too!

Anonymous

• Humans are not on the same place in the food chain of life as a dog or cat, so it's no comparison!
    If people had to rely on another person higher up in the food chain to be fed and housed, then I'd say yes- we should be.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:26 PM on May. 7, 2009