OK I have it my all time High

This is really embarassing.. but i need to loose a good 50 pounds! The past 5 months have been so extremely stressfull and my weight has just skyrocketed!! (LOL).. Suggestions, ideas I will take! I have started walking.. but would love to hear what has worked for you! I have heard good things about herbalife and was just wondering if anyone has tried it! Thanks!!!

markayda3

Asked by markayda3 at 9:50 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Please don't surrender to one of the "weight loss" fads out there. Nothing and I mean nothing can assist you in losing weight in a healthy way but excersize and a nutritionist (or a good friend that will sit down with you and learn with you about what is healthy and not).
    Walking is a wonderful start! CONGRATS on the beginning to a healthier you. Try stepping it up with intermittent sprints or jogging. ie: walking, jogging, walking, jogging.... until you get to your destination or return home. Take some time during the day to do other excersize such as squats while watching t.v. , sit-ups, leg lifts.. (I do all of this while watching t.v. lol)
    Cut out a lot of your carbs... try to replace the bread you eat with healthier whole grain breads... drink WATER, and eat chicken and fish, grilled, not fried. Fruits and veggies save the day for snacks and yogurt too...
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Try adding a pedometer to your walking. Wear it on a normal day to see how many steps you get on an average day, then wear it on a day when you take your planned walk. Every day or so try to step it up another 1,000 steps. Your goal being 10,000 steps a day.

You can get burst of 1200-1400 steps by doing jumping jacks, running in place (my favorite is running bent over with my arms down like a football player does with the knees bent and stepping very very fast..)

If you get your 10K steps a day and keep your calories to 1500 to 1800 you will definitely lose. :) Good luck. Have fun.

If you find you plateau, then change something up. Like the sprint/walks, or change up something you are eating.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i sell an all natural program.. it's not a "fad," it's just very well made meal replacement shakes incorporated with nutritional cleansing (100% natural, again, not a "fad"). it just gives you the best nutrition with little calories. it's easy to follow and many many people have lost the amount of weight you want to lose and more. in fact, here's a video of people that have lost 100+ pounds. feel free to contact me with any questions.

jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Rather than diet, which will keep you on the gain/lose rollercoaster, start eating healthy every day, walking briskly for 20 minutes at least three times a week, and setting a great example for your kids. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat 7 servings of whole grains every day. Cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy. Eat beans, lentils and tofu. Try it for two weeks, and let me know how you and your family feel. If you need meal ideas, please contact me directly. www.vegweb.com is a great source for family-tested recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 PM on May. 8, 2009