Help should I be worried?!

So we took my 22mo old DD to Emergecare yesterday for breathing problems, which shes had before we pretty much assumed she had asthma because it runs in both sides of the family. They took chest xrays which were clear, gave her a breathing treatment and then gave her a steroid shot. This seemed to work great. They gave us Prednisolone syrup to give her for the next 4 days. This was the first day we gave it to her and shortly after giving it to her, her bottom lip became really pale almost like we put really light lipstick on it. But other than that she has no other symptoms. Should I be concerned? If so is there a 24hr hotline I could call?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 10:16 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call the Emergecare center that you took her to and ask them. GL hun.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my DD had the same prescription. Did you try wiping it off?? It could be the liquid getting on her lip and turning to powder form...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• could be loss of oxygen if it can't be rubed off. and why are they giving a baby that young liquid steroid it causes shakiness?. my baby whos 2yrs has asthma and has a breathing machine with steroids for her lungs and albuterol. she has chip and chipcovered the machine, you could ask your dr about getting a machine
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 10:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i recomend the machine, it take afect so much faster then liquid. and it has saved my babys life so many times
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 10:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• thanks for the fast and helpful input ladies it really helped!
    pamelajgs- you were totally right. What a relief! Although I feel really silly for not thinking of that! Thanks! :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:39 PM on May. 7, 2009