Allergic to mosquito bites and Cortizone

Ever since my son was born he has a little allergy to mosquito bites. They swell to the the size of ping pong balls. If I remember to put on bug repellent there isn't much of a problem. But he was out with his father and was bitten three times. I put on Cortizone 10 and this morning, every spot I put it on was burned! It was like the cream burned his skin! Needless to say I washed him up, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to sooth his itches.

Thank you.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 10:17 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• I USE BUG REPELLENT AND IM STILL ALLERGIC..AND I GET ATE ALIVE..I USE WITCH HAZEL AND NEOSPRIN PAIN RELIEVER...IT WORKS THE BEST FOR ME....
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 11:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My parents dab ammonia on the spots right after they occur and it takes the sting and itches away. I have tried it a few times and it works well. You might want to try a lower cortisone percentage though. Cortisone 10 has 10% they make it with 1 or 2% as well, but it will be a different brand. Good luck with him.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• witch hazel works too. when you take her outside you can rub her skin with baby oil or skin so soft by avon. it really works especially the skin so soft. bugs will not land on her skin if you use it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Try Benadryl cream on the bites. My son is also allergic to mosquito bites and he swells like crazy. The After Bite stuff works really well too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 AM on May. 8, 2009