Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military question

my soon to be husband is in the navy stationed in virginia. my daughter and i live in pennsylvania. we dont want to move and her bio father wont agree to let me. will we receive bah still? if we that going by where hes stationed or where my daughter and i are?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • From what I understand, BAH always goes off where he is stationed. You should still get BAH if he lives in the dorms instead of off base. If he lives off base, you can still get BAH but his rent will have to come out of that too. I'm not sure exactly because we have always moved with my husband (Air Force) for the past 12 years (we've lived at 4 bases so far and its been awesome). Good luck!

    Answer by AprilDJC at 10:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • which ever one is more expensive of th two

    Answer by spidermonkey2 at 10:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • he would be a geographical bachelor (thats the navy slang term for it) and you should get BAH from where you live as long as he lives in barracks or on his ship.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 10:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • you get bah for where you live since he will be in barracks

    Answer by moki1984 at 12:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.