What is a stereotype about your race, religion, age, gender, beliefs, ect that you wish would just go away? Which one?

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 10:31 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• WELL...i hate that people think that just because i'm ginger i'm a freak. Also, that cos im 18 and pregnant i obviously went to some club hammered and slept with some stranger.

Also, that because i'm a goth i worship the devil and cut myself.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:34 PM on May. 7, 2009

• LOL I just cant bring myself to care about what others think but though I am white I HATE when people use the N word to describe black people. For one, that word is totally used out of context. If people didnt call a specific race that word it would be acceptable to use it . It means ignorant. And just let me say there are just as many ignorant white people as there are blacks. Anyone who uses that word to describe an entire race is that word!!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm Mexican/American and everyone assumes we all eat beans and drink tequila and take naps with a sombrero over our face. They assume we pile as many ppl as possible into one car just to save gas and not have to take 2 cars. That when we were little and it was hot, we would dig a hole in the ground and fill it with water to make a pool. Oh WAIT! All of these assumptions are true! Especially when it comes to me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I hate that since I have dark skin people automatically assume I am illegal.
    Anonymous

• Everyone thinks that ALL Indians are Hindu. Umm no there are Jewish Indians, Christian Indians, Muslim Indians, Buddhist Indians..Etc etc etc etc!!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I hate when people assume I'm on welfare because I'm a young mom. And also the redhead stuff.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Maiasmommy- I only learnt two years ago that their are catholic indians.

ALSO...I'm british, so i hate that the rest of the world thinks we have awful teeth, bad hair, that we say "pip pip" and "tally ho" and that we only drink tea and eat crumpets.

The only one of those that is even remotely true is the Tea one. We do love tea over here. BUT still, we are actually a horrid lot of buggers and far from posh.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I always get, because I look alot younger than what I am, people assume I'm 16. I have no issue with teen moms, but I don't like being labled as one. Also I hate hearing the "oh babies having babies" get over it. I'm not going to be a 45 year old woman having children. SEEEESH. Also because I"m part asian I get the usual, my house must smell like moth balls, I eat everything with chopsticks, and my whole family lives with me in a one bedroom apartment.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i hate the stereotypes directed at military wives, that they all screw around on their husbands the second the plane is off the ground or the ship is out of sight.
    i hate that up until last year when i turned 25 and would tell people my age, i suddenly lost all credibility in their eyes, then after i turn 25 i magically still have that credibility when i mention my age.
    and i really hate the skinny, blonde w/blue eyes stereotype that we are all stupid airheads
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We r LDS (Mormon), and people always think we're in a cult, and that we are polygimist. We're not. There's alot of other stuff ppl assume about the religion that is not true also. That just really annoys me.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:22 PM on May. 7, 2009