sleep patterns

My little 8 month old now.wow I can't believe it, but anyways...he has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old and now all of the sudden he is waking up twice a night crying hysterically!! Any tips? New mommy :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he may be teething. try rubbing orajel on his gums and see if that helps. also he may be experiencing growing pains. try giving him a dose of tylenol or ibuprofen.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Let him cry for about 5 minutes, just to see if he will go back to sleep...Maybe he is going through a growth spurt, and wanting an extra bottle now?? It is so hard to let your baby try to cry it out, but sometimes if you want them to get through the phase, that is what you have to do. I remember my DD going through this at about 9 months, I would give her a little formula, then see if she needed a change, then put her down and let her cry it out. Some mother's don't agree with this, but as long as all needs are met, what more should they want in the middle of the night? They need to learn that night is for sleeping. Good Luck...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• it might be hes teething.
    michele101183

Answer by michele101183 at 12:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Probably teething. And changing sleep patterns are NORMAL. It's a very unusual baby who doesn't change them at all in year one.

Check out The No Cry Sleep Solution...it'll help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on May. 8, 2009