Which car seat is better: Graco Infant Snug Ride 32 or Evenflo Aura Select?

I have bad back and knee problems and can't carry a whole lot of weight. I have used Graco before but it bothered my back and arms. We are currently using the Evenflo seat.

MommyJ0697

Asked by MommyJ0697 at 10:41 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a snug ride and it wasn't heavy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• in crashes the snugg ride is the best according to baby bargains insurance profile... there is this thing it is for the seat to snap into and you to use as a stroller that graco now makes for the infant carrier.... it is not the big old stroller thing its a light weight simple easy looking thing??its at babies r us
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• This is the new snug ride that holds up to 32lbs., kind of like the Safe Seat. It's a travel system but I've had bad luck with Graco (I've had multiple bruises on my arms and hands from it). Also, my babies are very big when born (my smallest: 8ls 5oz, my biggest: 11lbs 1oz) so I need something not as heavy, but just as safe.
    MommyJ0697

Answer by MommyJ0697 at 10:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We had a Graco Snug Ride with our first and it was good. But we had a Graco Safeseat and loved it. It fits 90% of 1 year olds and that was important to us because we had a large baby the second time around.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My babies all had Evenflo infant seats. With the latest , we had the Aura Select and loved it. I kind of like the z-handle on it. Still, if the Snug Ride is deemed safer, it's worth looking into. Fortunately, we've never been in an accident so I can't say how the Evenflo seat reacted in a crash.
    Mom3Princess00

Answer by Mom3Princess00 at 11:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have a snug ride, and yeah, that thing gets HEAVY! Lol. Look up Peg Perego (sp?) - more expensive, but very good crash reviews.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:08 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Is Peg Perego expensive and heavy? If so, I doubt I'll get that.
    MommyJ0697

Answer by MommyJ0697 at 8:26 PM on May. 8, 2009