acne and insurance

will military insurance cover a dermatologist visit and acne medication?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am not sure, but I would look on the back of your insurance card and see if there is a website. If there is maybe you could check on there, im sure most insurances if they dont cover it, would if you got a referral from a regular dr.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• tricare prime will cover it in full as long as you have a referral from your primary care manager. they will not cover it w/o the referral. tricare standard you would have to pay a co-pay, not sure how much it is b/c we have always had prime, so you need to get the referral from your PCM and then call Tricare 48 hours later, they will tell you what doctor you have been approved to see and give you that docs contact info, they will also tell you how many visits are authorized under that referral if the derm feels you need more than they have to recommend it. but if your PCM is at a military facility, they may first want to try and prescribe you something themselves and see if that works before sending you to a civillian, unless you have a mil hospital nearby where they can send you to see a derm
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Here is a suggestion for your acne. Wash your face twice a day with a mild soap, like an unscented baby soap, and a soft washcloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer. Put a honey mask (just honey, honey) on your face once a day, for about 10 minutes, before you wash your face; every three days add a pinch of baking soda to exfoliate.
    Try this every day for two weeks, please let me know if you see any improvement.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I dont know about the insurance, but avon does have a great product out! and it's very affordable. and if you dont like it you get your money back:) oh and its free shipping to! check out my personal web site! www.youravon.com/nicoleseal
    fashion2mama

Answer by fashion2mama at 11:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would like to introduce you to a new company called Rodan and Fields, Yes they are the Dermatologists that created PROACTIV. Their new company has come out with new formulas for many skin types and has just recently been introduced to our area, in fact I am the first consultant in PA. Please check out the Website at

WWW.healthyglow.myrandf.com for more information about the products, and if you would be interested in placing an order or starting your own business with Rodan and Fields please send me a email at wildkelkat2@aol.com We are bound to do well with the foundation and credibility of the products.

picklefish

Answer by picklefish at 7:51 PM on May. 12, 2009