Postpartum question

I was just wondering what my 6 week post partum check-up will consist of? What exactly do they check? Because honestly I dread having a physical exam. They always hurt, you would think after giving birth I wouldnt mind but I am seriously dreading it. If they do a physical exam(which I'm sure they do) do they use their hand like when they check your cervix or is it like a yearly exam? Please dont be rude, I'm just curious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its like getting a pap smear with the alligator looking thing, just to make sure everything healed up allright, im pretty sure they take some stuff out of there too to test for infections then they just ask you how your feeling and stuff, soo...yeah dont worry its not that bad...
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 10:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I actually had my yearly pap smear at my 6 week pp check. They ask you how you are feeling and check to make sure you are healing well and then talk to you about your birth control options, etc.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:24 PM on May. 7, 2009