How long did it take you to get pregnant once you started trying?

I have baby fever so bad. We are waiting one more year. Our daughter will be 4 next year. My husband is not ready. And well I am not totally ready either. But I want to get pregnant right away as soon as we are ready. I have been off the pill since last August. We aren't trying we are preventing. But I wanted to know how long it took you to get pregnant? I don't know how long it is going to take me because it took us a while the first time. We were on clomid. I'm praying that we won't have to deal with that again. Thanks:)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 10:49 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Took me a month, after I went off the pill! I guess that I am a fertile person, cause I thought it would take much longer.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I got pregnant with my daughter the first time around. We weren't actively trying, just figured we'd go with the flow and see what happened. Now we have been actively trying for #2 for 7 months and no luck so far.
    Mom2Lorelei

Answer by Mom2Lorelei at 10:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• The first 2 were accidents (I lost the first, the second is 7 1/2 now.) The third was planned, and I got pregnant the first ovulation after I tossed the pills.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We tried for 3 1/2 years for our daughter but that was without any fertility treatments. I really hope it doesn't take us that long next time!
    mylittleabby

Answer by mylittleabby at 10:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We tried twice. First time on the day I thought I ovulated (day 14) and the second time (the next month) we just happened to have sex on day 10 and got pregnant. We were only half trying and I really didn't think I'd get pregnant that quick considering I've been having sex off and on for 13 years in general and been with my husband for seven years and have never had any "accidents" prior to this. And I have a tilted uterus and heard rumors that makes it hard to get pregnant. (Obviously not true)
    Abee22

Answer by Abee22 at 11:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• it took us at least 6 months and now i have a 16 month old
    allison_r

Answer by allison_r at 11:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It took us 10 months to concieve our son naturally and we had been trying for baby #2 for 8 months and I was getting tired of having very irregular periods so I went to my obgyn and found out that I have pcos. So that whole time we were trying I wasnt even ovulating but Im on my second round of clomid and my doctor raised my dose to 100mg even though I ovulated on just 50mg, were really preying for it to work this month considering I should have more follicles.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• First two were accidents...my first was as soon as i got off the pill got prego bc no period came...second was the same way as soon as my first period came i got prego bc no second one...and well now i have been off the pill for two months..should be starting on or around the 12 of this month but we had an opps a sunday ago and well with our track record im not holding my breath to see "aunt flow"! im actually excited if we are adding an addition to the family but hubby does not want another one. but it will be his fault if we are bc i told him to wrap it up..haha! i think i might test on mothers day!!! Good luck to you momma!!
    mommysquared

Answer by mommysquared at 7:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• first pill baby wasn't trying
    second got married in November pregnant by January
    third 5 years needed fertility treatments
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I took us 3 years to get pregnant with a viable fetus. I had 3 miscarriages. Do not wait too long to start btw. kids cause your eggs are only good for so long. We have a healthy little miracle baby now. If I had know it would take so long- we would have tried earlier. Good luck.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 7:53 AM on May. 8, 2009