Can I request a C-Section just because

Natural birth looks too painful OMG I don't think i can handle the pain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There going to give you an epidural either way. And I had three shots of epidural, and still felt my entire c section. Imagine it not working and feeling them cut you open and pull a baby out. Don't be that shelfish.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have had two c-sections and a vbac inbetween....you can do it if you need to. If things don't go as planned, c-sections are the alternative but I don't think you can just request one..you'll be fine, don't worry.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yes you can. Just let you doc know that you want a c section.
    Thaifalung20

Answer by Thaifalung20 at 11:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It may look painful, but it really is worse to have a c-section!! The recovery time is alot worse, I had a natural birth, and I was up and around after the 2 days in the hospital, I know several people who took 2-3 weeks to heal enough to be up and around after a c-section... Y would you think that is better??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• She is not selfish she is scared. I had both of my kids naturally but with an epidural. I would go with the epidural and do it naturally if i were you. recovery is much worse than a c section. you are going to want to spend a lot of time bonding with your baby and caring for him/her. you will be in more pain after the birth then if you do it naturally.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i was induced with my first and had contractions for 3 days before they decided to do a c-sec b/c i wasn't progressing, i was told i probably wouldn't be able to have any children naturally b/c of issues w/my cervix so this time i have opted for a scheduled c-section. and even though the thought of natural childbirth terrifies me, after my first c-section i felt like i got robbed somehow. i would ask your doctor if you can opt to have one, or if you can opt to have one after labor starts, that way if you still feel very strongly that you don't want a vaginal birth you can ask for a c-section. but really just research all the options ask your doc what your options are and make the decision for you, just make sure you get all your information first
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yes but recovering from surgery hurts a whole lot worse than childbirth plus you have a scar and in my experience I lost the pregnancy weight faster with a vaginal birth but it's up to you

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• OH MY.. I HAD A NATURAL BIRTH WITH MY SON AND A C-SECTION WITH THE GIRL'S...NATURAL BIRTH ISN'T ANYTHING COMPARED TO THE STAPLES FROM THE C-SECTION..ALSO THE CHANCE OF STAFF INFECTION...I SUGGEST NATURAL BIRTH..TO ME THE NATURAL WAS A WALK IN THE PARK COMPARED TO A C-SECTION!!!!!!!!!
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 11:15 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have had 2 all natural vaginal births, no drugs. Thankfully both my labors were very quick but I am terrified of a c-section! I would never consider a c-section unless my baby was at risk! I have had friends with c-sections and they are so more painful than child birth I have heard, also the recovery time is more, and the complications from infections, etc. are all reasons I wouldn't have one.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• natural compared to a c section is so much better. I don't know if you have looked up ways to cope through natural labor but I suggest you do so. It sounds to me as if you wanted to do natural and got scared out of it, although it is safer in most cases, than hospital birth.I am a home birthing mama and don't see how someone would post a question like this without empowering herself to do what she was made to do :( It makes me sad that nobody can trust their bodies, the small percent who do aren't praised enough. I am doing a home water birth....they don't transfer for medication. I think if you are too worried and think a doctor knows your body so much better than you go for a hospital birth but if you think you could handle a few hours of pain compared to weeks with pain I would do it natural whether in a hospital or not. Good luck and best wishes but research more before you decide.
    Anonymous