SD relationship......

I feel like my SD & I have been getting along better lately. I feel like we have been closer - like things seem more comfortable & she has even been asking me questions about having a period. She doesn't have it yet, she is only 8 but she is curious & i think she thinks she is going to have it soon (which she might her BM started at 9). I do everything I can to balance rules, respect, & fun. I try to make sure that we do fun things together, talk, relax, whatever. I try to give her space when she seems like she needs it, but I don't let her walk all over me either. I thought things were going pretty well, but I found out this evening that she has been telling things that are bothering her to her BM. BM said she wanted to talk to SO about it all because she doesn't want to hurt feelings. Which means it about me because she doesn't care about hurting SOs feelings. I just don't know what I should do to improve our relationship...

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 11:06 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I really dont know how to answer your question..... i have a sd she is only 3 tho.... I try my best doing all kinds of things to improve our relationship constantly and there are still always some kind of problem. I have basically just had to swallow that nothing is ever going to be perfect with that kind of a situation with anyone .and that as long as your there for her and she knows it thats all you really can do. and try not to worry about it to much it seems like your making alot of effort and thats more than most!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:24 PM on May. 7, 2009