To the athiest,whats the reason you dont belive in God????

was it something that happened in your life???Or you just dont belive in God??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find it hard to believe that one "god" created everything. And we're supposed to believe he is good and controls everything. It's stupid.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Cause I have found no reason to believe.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I second that BIMOM21. I have never believed, so it's not like something happened that made me mad at god. I'm not a disgruntled believer, I'm a non-believer. I just don't, I can't make myself, simple as that.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:14 PM on May. 7, 2009

• nothing specific happened in my life. I never have really beleived in God, I tried going to church hoping that something would just "click" and nothing ever did, I was also really turned off by all of the "good christians" at church. It seemed to me that i was living my life more "Godly" than they were. (SO JUDGEMENTAL...not towards me personally but everybody else.)

It seems to me that alot of (NOT ALL) christians are really just out to prove that they are a better christian than the next person rather than live their lives for "God" It really gets annoying.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I find this question ignorant. Atheist are not mad at god-wouldn't they have to believe in him to be mad at him?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• The 2nd one ---- I just don't believe. Never have.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:09 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think this post is just ignorant and arrogant! I posted a poll a few weeks ago and asked who believes in fairies. Most said they didn't. Now, why? Was it because they had a bad experience or because they were angry at the fairy realm? No, it was because they had no reason to believe. Most of the people that said they believed said they had had some experience with fairies. I think it works the same with God. We are not born believeing in God/Goddess/Deity we learn who they are and have to experience them in order to believe. If you don't find them is it really your fault? NO. Just like all those that don't believe in fairies had no reason to believe while the rest of us found that reason. In the eyes of an unbeliever fairies, dragons, gorgons and god are all the same - myth!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 AM on May. 8, 2009

• i dont' think the question is ignorant at all. I think there is a fair amount of people who do become athiest because of experiences, then of course there are those who simple don't believe. and she just wants to know who and why...

I believe. but then again, i've always believed.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:03 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Most atheist do not believe because of our reasoning. it has nothing to do with a bad experiance or being mad at what we believe to be a make believe person. You really can not be mad at something you do not think is real.
    Think about it are you mad at Harry Potter?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:29 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'll paraphrase george carlin... "Religion has convinced people- many of them adults- that there is an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. This man has a list of 10 specific things he does not want you to do. If you do any of these things, he will send you to place of burning and fire and torture to burn and suffer and choke until the end of time. But he loves you!"

That pretty much sums it up for me. God has never spoken to me. I also attempted to embrace paganism, and the Goddess didn't have much to say to me either. The christian god in particular is completely illogical to me. A good fairy tale, that's about it. And on the off-chance that god DOES exist, I'm not very impressed with his work and wouldn't worship him anyway.
    I did believe when I was younger, mainly because everyone did, so it seemed normal. Then I got to thinking, and I wonder how I ever bought into it.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:49 AM on May. 8, 2009