fitting rooms

WHO ..... leaves their clothes in a fitting room? And what is your thopught process behind leaving them there... I work retail and I work in misses... mostly shopped my MOMS who honestly.... are PIGS!!! I never expected it, but my god...... 68 pices of clothing and all on the floor ( not even hung) think about how much work that might be for a fitting room attendant considering she has 10 fitting rooms and we have to check them every half hour!!! 69 all size LG and 12... Are you kidding me????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Shopping

• Sorry but thats what you do. Granted they shouldn't be slobs, but if you don;t like it maybe you should find something else you do enjoy.
    Anonymous

• That's yoru job. Don't complain about it, you signed up for it. That's like a waitress complaining about dealing with food.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• lol, I'm sorry mama!!! I agree that women should be more considerate in this area. i don't know what they are thinking. I used to work clothing retail too.
    It does make it alot easier if you have enough employees to really cover it to keep it from getting messy. when it is clean people are less likely to leave there own clothes behind. But when there is already a heap of clothing, it's easier to leave behind. It also helps if there is an attendent to organize the clothes at the door. but some companies are too cheap for that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You have a job. You should be very happy you have a job. Why do people who have jobs complain about them? I really don't understand this.
    Anonymous

• ya you kind of took the job so you can't complain too much it sucks but all jobs have some part of them that really sucks. i worked retail and HATED when i would stand there folding tshirts and some woman and her kids would come up right next to me where i was folding and start undoing every single shirt that i just folded. but i couldn't complain too much b/c thats the job i took on. just pass the info on to friends and family and hope that they will pass it along even more for ya.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well maybe your store should get those number things. You know what I am talking about? You know they have to give you back the number plus the clothes. Talk to them about getting some.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 11:23 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yup---sorry sweetie, that's your job---people ARE pigs and working retail sux.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I only go into a changing room once in awhile but everyone of them have a number thing so that people can't steal any of the clothing and the attendant checks to make sure it is all there. Maybe you could get your workplace to inmplament this. Then you would only have to take the card from the person as they leave, count the items, and hang them on rack back by the changing rooms.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:52 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I always put the clothes back on the hanger and place them on the racks outside of the fitting rooms. It is then the employee's job to put them away; not pick up after people inside the fitting rooms. And no, I have never worked retail. Do these same people go into a fast food restaurant to eat & then just leave their trays full of trash for the employees to clean up? People should throw away their own trash & put up their tray and then the employees can wipe up the tables, sweep & mop, and get the trays and trash.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 8:21 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I agree, they shouldn't leave them on the floor. That's as bad as people that try on clothes and get their makeup all over them. They should at least hang them up and keep them off the floor. I have worked retail and realize it was my job to button, zip, etc but they should be curtious at at least clean out the dressing room for the next person. If they don't want to do that, they could at least hand them to the clerk. Most places have a designated place to put things they don't want. It wasn't me....I only wish I wore a size 12!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:28 PM on May. 9, 2009