Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to break up with my former boyfriend which is my sons father. He isnt taking his meds or trying to do anything. He is bipolar and he is getting harder to be around with. I need him just for the car to get my older girls to school. What should I do? Help please

I'm scared that something might happen to us one of these days. Im trying to buy a car for cheap because thats all I need him for. He is really controling now. He hangs up on people that call me. He doesnt want anyone coming over or me babysitting anyones kids. I dont know what to do anymore. I feel stuck....

Answer Question

Asked by nazzy711 at 11:28 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • My dh has clinical depression. I have told him if he doesn't take care of it then there is the door. I get sick of being the doormat.
    If he can control it without meds fine but if he can't then he need to take something for it.

    I would look very seriously for a car and leave. He sounds like he is unstable.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 11:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • Try to get him out of the house legally. File for seperation and change the locks. Notify the sheriff of what is happening. My SIL actually got the sheriff to tell her boyfriend the relationship was over so she didn't even have to confront him. Use all resources available to stay safe.

    This is important. Do not give an inch, show zero signs of weakness, be a b@#$%.

    Answer by jaimie175 at 11:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • baby girl people have been stuck in a relationship for a lost less dont let anyone hold u back or make u an prisoner in ur own space i dont know old ur girls are but made you guys can catch the bus or carpool

    Answer by movinup4 at 12:56 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Doesn't your kids school have a bus that they can ride? If you're scared you should get out. There are ways to make this happen. Talk to someone at your local women's shelter. They'll know what to do. If he's unstable then you need to get your kids away from him. Find a way to get to the women's shelter or to call them. Maybe from work, or while he is out. Don't search for it on your computer because if he checks your sites visited it could make him angry which you don't want to deal with.

    I know you never said that he was abusing you, but if you're scared then he is guilty of emotional abuse regardless of his mental problems. If you're worried then imagine how your kids feel. Get them out of there ASAP.

    Answer by beckcorc at 7:59 AM on May. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.