IF you have gas heat how much is it?

im moving and i have never had gas heat and I need to know how much it runs thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Damn Gigi I have never heard of a gas bill that cheap! I think the flat rate bill here is around $30. My gas bill this past winter was almost twice what the year before was most months! I think my biggest bill was $350. My electric bill runs around $100 in the winter and then in the summer it runs about $200=$300. Damn it man!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:27 AM on May. 8, 2009

• It all depends on where you live and how cold it gets. My gas bill this past winter ran me about $500 a month to heat a two story house with a basement.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Depends on the kind of system you have, really. The house I just moved out of was built in the late 30's, and had the original floor furnace, plus one gas space heater in one bed room. That I couldn't use because it was actually a flame, it was a gas fire in my son's bedroom. So we just had the giant grate in the living room. Running that thing in the winter got our gas bills up to $450 regularly. For ONE room that was warm.

My story is totally atypical. I think the average gas bill is about $150 in the winter.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh! *sees post above mine* well...maybe my story isn't so atypical. Perhaps you should invest in a couple of good space heaters. =)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It depends on how many therms you use. This all varies by the size of the home how well it is insulated. Normally during the winter my bill runs around $300 and in the summer months around $100
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• it depends , i lived one place here that it was 100 dollars amonth and now another place i live it is only 50
    Anonymous

• It depends on how big the house is and how hot you want it. We also have our stove attatched to the gas bill, and ours for january was about $75. That was the highest it ever went. My mom was visiting, and liked the heater at about 70-75. Usually we keep it at 60-65 and the bill was about $50.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:01 AM on May. 8, 2009

• oh, and our house is old, has really really horrible insulation, has 4 rooms (not including bathroom, which was always freezing anyways) and we wore jackets most of the time.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:02 AM on May. 8, 2009

• DAMN!!!! You all pay that much? I am in SoCal but let me tell you it can get pretty cold sometimes. I have no working heaters so I rely on 2 electric ones. One in livinroom which is where I will sleep or I will take it to my bedroom and another in my sons room. Our electric bill was at the most $60. As for gas, my bill is only 12-18 dollars.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• We have gas heat, stove, and water heater. In the winter, our bill is never more than $100. In the summer, it's around $35. I like my house really cold, though. In the summer, our electic bill is outrageously high!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 3:42 AM on May. 8, 2009