What do you have to do to be a CNA or a LPN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a CNA for 5 years and I took a 12 week course (can't remember the hours).
    There are some nursing homes now that give you the training (I think you can be done in 3 weeks). Then you have to take the State Boards.
    I am in Florida and I know each state is different and what they offer as CNA training.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:22 AM on May. 8, 2009

• To be a LPN you must attend college for 2 years and to be a CNA normally the emplyoyer (nursing homes) will train you, you will have to work for them for so long after the training. There is a big difference between the two
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:05 AM on May. 8, 2009

• go to college
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• a CNA does need college you just take a test. i'm a Cna which you also need certain mount of hrs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 8, 2009

• In Colorado, the CNA course is a 3 weeks course that can be taken vocational schools. Then you do clinicals (hands on State Board evaluation). You have to work 8 hours on the floor to maintain your license. For an LPN, you need 2 years of college at an accredited school. Then also, clinicals.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:33 AM on May. 8, 2009