Bow legged

is it true if you stand a baby up on there legs this will make them bow legged im talking about like a 2-3 month old?

Amanda2430

Asked by Amanda2430 at 12:05 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no its not true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 8, 2009

• nope not true.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:22 AM on May. 8, 2009

• No, not true. I'd heard the same thing and asked my doctor about it since my daughter loved to be held up. He flat out told me it was a VERY old myth. He pointed out that all babies have bowed legs and he told me that it is STANDING and building up leg muscles that actually straighten the legs.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 AM on May. 8, 2009

• No, in fact, quite the opposite. Your child will be slightly bow legged until around 1 or so. This comes from the position in utero and will straighten out as the leg muscles are strengthened. Most children that are standing/walking early will actually grow out of that phase quicker than their slower to walk counterparts.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:38 AM on May. 8, 2009