online school?

Do any other mommies go to college online? I do, through Penn Foster... I really like it... a lot of reading but it's all self based and simple right now..... I'm actually taking a break from studying so I poped my head in here real quick :)

If so, what school do you go to and what are you going for??

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:29 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I go to University of Phoenix online. I have three classes left till I have my Bachelors in Health Administration. Online classes are tough! I work on mine once the kiddies are in bed. I looked into Penn Foster for a certificate program, but I am still undecided about that as well.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Last semester I did online school, but this semester I did two in the class and two online. I'm going to a community college to become a school teacher. I like online but I procrastinate so I had to stay up some nights really late!!
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• i really like penn foster... i am going for Medical Transcription right now... just trying to get my foot in the medical career and see how i like it... but i am really interested in criminal justice as well....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:41 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I go to JIU...but then I get on CM and snap back to reality! :) Seems like Drama101 here.
    malindasb

Answer by malindasb at 12:53 AM on May. 8, 2009

• lol mali... i agree.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:00 AM on May. 8, 2009

• LOL Mali, ain't that the truth!
    My problem is, I need a certificate to get my foot in the door- I just don't know what! I will have a Bachelors, sure, great, wonderful- but what good does it get me when I need experience. You know?
    I was looking into Billing and Coding, but after investing all that money in the Bachelors I need a certifcate that is not going to break the bank!
    Sigh!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:12 AM on May. 8, 2009

• yea i know it babybeans... everywhere wants someone with experince and no one is trying to let you get any... def. a catch 22
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:20 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I go to Kaplan University for Juvenile Justice. I really like how we have seminars once a week (like chat room) because i feel like Im actually learning something. I tried Ashford for a couple months but didnt feel like I was learning anything!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 1:34 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Really, thats what I tell my husband all the time. A organization would be lucky to hire a new employee that has already had thier schooling taken care of and paid for. Then all they would need to worry with is training. You can't give experience to someone when you won't give them the chance to show you what they can do.
    Geez! Haven't had this hard of a time since I began establishing credit! (LOL)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:41 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I attend CTU online and I love it there! They are really awesome, especially my student advisor, Yvette.
    I graduated March 28th this year with an Associate's in medical billing and coding. I have been studying for the certification exam.
    I am returning to CTU on May 18th to begin working on my Bachelor's in HR management.

By the way ladies, any time you spend in the courses of your concentration that apply to a job that you are applying for count as experience. I also know that for many medical billing and coding students that have graduated, there are certain medical practices and hospitals that would love to hire you fresh from college and train you their way while you study towards your certification exam. Once you earn your certification and show proficiency in your work, then you will most likely earn an increase in wages.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:16 AM on May. 8, 2009