I am a spanking mother,

(i dont want to hear it from anyone, i raise my kids the way i want) i spank but not beat, she says ouch after she has been spanked and put in the cornor, is it normal for her to cry that?? Does she do it because she has said it befor and asoicates it with being spanked?

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 12:33 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she does but the improtant part is she wants to try and be a good girl! I love a mom willing to spank her kid and be a real mom!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I spank also, but be prepared to be judged we are all judged on here even though no one has a right to.

Anyways does she cry real tears or is it just a cry out the word ouch? She could be connecting the 2 but if she has real tears then chances are she did get hurt. I fully believe that the kids understand what they are saying my son will be 2 in July and he will say hot if his food is to warm
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• my daughter says ouch and cries but i know i haven't spanked hard enough to actually hurt her i think its more a matter of shes upset that mommy spanked her (b/c ya it does hurt to be spanked, both physically and to let mommy/daddy down in the first place) but my dd cries even if all the punishment is time out. i really think its part fake, maybe if i cry they'll let me play again, part disappointment in the fact that mommy or daddy are being mean, and the rest is just their upset about the punishment. as far as saying ouch i think if you know you didn't hurt her,shes saying it to see if that will make you feel bad
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Kids cry when scolded or punished. They feel badly that mommy is upset, they feel badly that they did something that caused it, they feel badly that they did something wrong.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:50 AM on May. 8, 2009

• YEAH?? You sure have guts to show your face on here!! I was spanked as a child, and spanked my kids too!! Guess what?? Not ONE of us ever got in trouble with the law, AND we are all STILL alive. Spanking is different from BEATING or abusing a child. There are certain guidelines to be followed, and there is a huge difference between discipline and abuse.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I glad to see that are moms that still believe in spanking,I also put my son in the corner too. But he still has really bad fits. For example he somps and slap himself in the head. When he doesn't get his way, what should I do? Help
    Latinamom345

Answer by Latinamom345 at 1:42 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, it's normal and to be expected. It would be a shock if she DIDN'T cry.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• "I glad to see that are moms that still believe in spanking,I also put my son in the corner too. But he still has really bad fits. For example he somps and slap himself in the head. When he doesn't get his way, what should I do? Help"

This is something you should talk to the doctor about. It is a habit of autistic children, for one.

• im also a spanking mom!! and my daughter also cries harder after i spank her, but its more or less due to the shock of it. i remember when i used to get spanked i always cried harder afterwards just cuz i was so mad at my parents for spanking, not because it actually hurt
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:52 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Here is why we don't spank. We consider the act of striking or hitting another human to be an act of violence; spanking sends the message that sometimes violence can be the solution to a problem.
    Either this fits with your world view or it doesn't.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 AM on May. 8, 2009