Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else clueless on how to enroll their child in school?

We're moving before the school year and I'm worried I wont know how to enroll my kids!!


Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • you just go to the closest school to you, get the paperwork and fill it all out. in most cases you will need: proof of residence, birth certificate, social security card, and shot records. some schools may have you take the child to the doctor to do a physical but if they require that they will give you the forms the doc has to fill out. its really alot simpler than people make it out to be :)

    Answer by vabchmommy at 12:50 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • well now days most schools have u go to there school district office and enroll your child, just make sue all shots are updated before you leave and there shouldn't be nothing to it

    Answer by movinup4 at 12:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Find a KCEA scholarshipeed Christian school if you can do it IMO

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:53 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • So if I miss like enrollment day (cuz i don't know when or where it is) or any other key days for enrollment they'll still let my preschooler get in? We're moving an hour away from here.. i'm not used to the town and I have a daughter that will be in first grade,and one will be in prek

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • our school has never had a specific date for enrollment. the school building is open throughout the summer for a few hours each day and you can go in at any time to get the info from them. if you already have your new address i would call the school that your child will be attending and ask them for what you need to enroll etc...if you don't know the neighborhood you can call the school district and get the info from them. that way you know for sure, but people move year round, so there is no way they'd say your first grader can't attend school b/c they didn't enroll by a certain time. as for the pre-k, pre-k isn't part of the public school system where i live so i don't know, if its part of public school than i don't see them saying no, but if its a first come first serve or something like that you'd have to find out specifics from the school district

    Answer by vabchmommy at 1:06 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Call the schools, or information, or go to the local county station and inquire. Talk to new neighbors, new doctors, research it on the internet.

    Answer by mamofive at 1:31 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • you go to th new schooand tell them you want to inroll your student, then you tell them the information of their old school and they will send their transcripts over to the new school. ive switched schools many times. i got the routine down. haha

    Answer by casslynn09 at 1:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Check it out on the internet, I already enrolled my 4 year old in Pre-K..

    Answer by PcillaCoronado at 3:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Around here preschool is different because it's not offered by the public school system and usually you end up on a waiting list. I would call the school and find out. Well, our public schools are overcrowded so if you don't register in Mar/Apr then you get put on a waiting list and they bus your kids to some other school that is slightly less overcrowded.
    But when my oldest started kindy we were living in another state and we just went to the school the week before classes started and filled out the paperwork. She already had the physical and all that when we enrolled her in a dif. school before we moved. That was it. They gave us a bus schedule and said, "see you next week."

    Answer by justanotherjen at 8:14 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • 2mothershelpers, why on Earth would you recommend a Christian school without knowing the religious background of the poster? That's awfully presumptious of you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on May. 8, 2009