Who owns a Dyson? Or any other great vac?

I am planning on buying a new vaccuum in the near future. I vacuum at least two to three times a day the vaccum is the most used thing in my house. So when looking I am attracted to the Dyson's they seem kind of pricey but from what I have heard they are a great vaccuum. I would like to hear your opinions. I have a Kenmore which has been pretty good but I do not like how it gets along the baseboards and I do not have the suction in the attachments that I would like to have. I would love to spend a ton on money on a Rainbow or a Kirby but they are just not in my price range. So can you tell me about the vaccuum that you swearby and why? Any opinions good or bad would be great!!!

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 1:30 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have not thought of a roomba but maybe it is something that I should look into. Thanks for the responses hopefully I will get some more. I do not know that I want one that is a canister and does not have a bag. It sounds like everyone that has bought a Dyson does not regret the decision. I just have to make sure that it is justified spending so much money when there is a billion other things that I could spend it on.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My brother in law bought my sister a new vacuum. It is a dirt devil brand that is very similar in design to the Dyson. He got it of MSN shopping I think he said for about $140. She absolutely loves it. And my mother just got a new Hoover Eureka and she likes hers, but says that it gets full very fast. So she is constantly emptying the tank. But she has two long haired dogs too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:34 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I have the original yellow dyson. I LOVE IT!!!!!! it lasts through a 3 yr old & womonths old boys and 2 cats and a dog...and VERY old carpet!! its wonderful... my mom jsut got the new dyson..its purple..but not the ball kind (that doesnt have as much suction) its even better. its hard to push the suction is so strong. They are also very easy to use the attachments. i was never the person to try and use them cuz its a lot more work...but these are very convenient to take apart & put back. I know theyre pricey but well worth IMO. Good Luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:54 AM on May. 8, 2009

• my mother does and i wish i had it.
    when she got it her carpet looked clean..looked fine....smelled fine...she went over it, and bam that thing sucked up dirt i never would of imagined were actually in the carpet. she has 2 dogs, one of which has long silky hair and you cant find a dog hair in her house, the carpet, the dog beds....
    that vacuum plus the electric broom, her floors are spotless
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:02 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I bought the new dyson animal w/o the ball and i love it. i have 3dogs a 1yr boy and the hubby and i so our house is not the cleanest house ever with all the red dirt ebing tracked in, but since i got the animal i am actaully steam cleaning less b/c you cant see as mush dirt on the carpet or in it for that matter. i have two basset hounds mostly white and i can sit on my carpet witout getting white hair on my black pants. so i love my dyson best thing ever
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:46 AM on May. 8, 2009

• If you are vacuuming that much, have you considered a Roomba. Its less then a Dyson. I have both and my Dyson hasn't left the Laundry room, since the robot came to live with us. He gets the edges really well and does every room in the house not just the carpeted ones.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 10:48 AM on May. 8, 2009

• my mom has a roomba too. i dont know how well it sucks, but the only issue i have with it is that you have to have all the little things on the corners so it knows where to go, and if you have small children they tend to play with them. jsut a heads up, i really dont know how well they work
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I want a Dyson so badly! When we were at Mom's House, they had one and I LOVED it. Ryan would never let me spend that kind of money on a vacuum, but they're amazing.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Oreck. My fav hands down.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:28 AM on May. 11, 2009