I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my baby has never flipped or turned around ever.

his kicks and hits r and always have been in the same spots he has always been head down with one hand next to his head.have any moms ever had a baby that has not flipped around at all but punches and kicks in the same spots?i'm getting very concerned about this but my doctor said its very common.(my doctor does not listen to me or give me the care he did with my first)so if it is so common there must be some moms on here that have had this happen to them if not do u think there is something wrong?and what ?

momangel05

Asked by momangel05 at 1:40 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well my doctor told me that once they turn upside down there is a huge probability that they will stay in the same position for the rest of the pregnancy, for me it is actually fun because that way i know what my baby is moving and i can just picture what she is doing in there, i don't think this is something to worry about, a bad thing would be if your baby flipped again, but i guess that's something not so easy anymore since they start getting out or room in there! :)
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 1:46 AM on May. 8, 2009

• we're in the same boat. i was seeing my friends belly move like crazy!! the baby was flipping and turning and flipping while my little man was pretty much in one postition giving me tough punches and kicks having me choke on my food =)
    and then around 30 weeks he turned AND dropped. so now i am 37 and he didnt turn eversince which my doctor said was good because we are pretty much set for labor! plus he doesnt have much space left to make big movement. so lots of strong punches and kicks are good.
    dont worry and good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:53 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Thank you that calms me a little to here that,but since he has been this way forever I started think maybe he is stuck in the cord and just can't turn around and that would be very bad thing if I went into labor.I can't help being worried this far into the pregnancy.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 2:01 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My current pregnancy as well as my first the baby never stops flipping turning and kicking so I can't say from experience but I have heard its very common for them to sit in the same place, as long as you feel em kick like they say too then I amsure its ok. As for my thoughts you are a little lucky, as much as I love to watch them roll around and how cool I think it is , it also hurts like hell lol I wouldn't mind her staying still for a bit!
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:15 AM on May. 10, 2009