Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm in a situation here and need to know about inducing

ok so i have to go out of country to get my drivers licence since i got my car impounded, and its not like i can get it here, and if my baby is born by the due date i will not have much time to recover and leave for a week before my court date, so should i consider induction for this situation? also i don't know if it is risky for my baby or if my doctor would let me since she is not a particular one, please no bashing i need help on this..

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (4)
  • Induction always carries risks; the main one being a c-section which is frequently the end result of an induction. And then you're looking at much more than a week's recovery.

    I'd contact the court, explain the situation and get your court date moved.

    Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • get a doctor's note and sent it to the court to postpone the court date do to pregnancy/recovery.good luck

    Answer by momangel05 at 2:08 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • can they do that ? do i have to just call or ask for a hearing with a judge? since the DL i'm getting is not a US one so i don't even know if the judge would even care! it is sad but i've live here since i was like 12 and i wish i could change my situation and make things as the law wants them, but they are not giving the option to do them either, i feel hand tied seriously, plus its sad for me to leave my newborn for a week at my parents.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • I would get the doc to send a note before I would risk indueing my baby for a court date! An intervention carries risk and just waling in the hospital increases your chances for interventions. You said not a US license, but you didn't say what country. Most countries are a lot more lenient then the US is when it comes to motherhood and maternity leave stuff so I would call the court house now and talk with someone about it and find out what you need to do.

    Answer by aeneva at 7:23 AM on May. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.