if that won't work, will this?

i posted a question asking if i could lose weight working out for 10 min 3 times a week and everyone said i might lose a little weight but it wouldn't be as effective as working out for longer. so i was thinking, what if i worked out 10 min a day 5 days a week?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:03 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Of course the more you work out the better. But 10 minutes which is absolutely minimal workout will give you minimal results. Why not wake up 20 minutes earlier and do the recommended 30 minutes a day?

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:06 AM on May. 8, 2009

• It takes me 50-60 minutes a day. I don't have any idea how you could expect to do so little and have good results. That's very unrealistic unless you have a crazy-speedy metabolism that will just kick into high gear with that little bit of effort. I agree with MamaChamp--at least try to do 30 minutes a day. You might find you like it so much that you start adding extra minutes to it eventually.
    Anonymous

• it takes your body at least 15 mins of increased heart rate to go into "fat burning mode." the best workouts that will give you the best results will keep your heart rate up for 40 mins.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Try to do 10 minutes three times a DAY. That will get you the 30 mins without having to do it all at one time.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Exercise is great and should be combined with healthy eating. Start eating healthy every day and setting a great example for your kids. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat 7 servings of whole grains every day. Cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy. Eat beans, lentils and tofu. Try it for two weeks, and let me know how you and your family feel. If you need meal ideas, please contact me directly. www.vegweb.com is a great source for family-tested recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think it's important to start small. If you set your goal too high you won't stick to it. So, I say start at 10 minutes three times a week and work your way up. That's what I've done and now I'm working out most days for about 45 minutes - sometimes more sometimes less - but I don't beat myself up for taking a day off. WORK YOUR WAY UP! It'll keep you consistent.

When I started I was doing 25 minutes a few days a week!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 1:02 AM on May. 14, 2009