dr visits...

I have a dr.'s appt on monday i will be exactlly 6 months that day, what can i be expecting on the appt? Also is this when appts become every two weeks instead of every month?
They also told me my placenta is sitting on top of my cervix, is this something that will continue throughout the rest of my pregnancy? Will they check when i go monday to see if my placenta is still sitting the same way?
Thanks!!!

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 2:31 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It varies a little bit depending on who you see, but generally, around six months they start seeing you every 2 weeks, yes.

The PP did a great job of explaining placenta previa. And as she said, the placenta can move around a lot, so don't be too concerned at this time.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:31 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm not that far yet, but they told me that in the 3rd trimester the placenta usually shifts places. What you have is called placenta previa which can prevent vaginal delivery, but like I said they told me it usually shifts 3rd trimester. They might check you now, or they might wait a month or so to check. You will be monitored before labor though so that they can prepare for what type of delivery you'll be looking at when the time comes...good luck & CONGRATS!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:39 AM on May. 8, 2009