What do I say to him?

I am very lost right now. My dh got a truck from his dad almost 2 months ago. He has been working and working on the damn thing all this time and it still doesnt work! Now because of that he hasnt been to work. He worked an hour away from home. His old truck is wreacked(he didnt use the e brake when he parked it.) He doesnt bother to look for a job. We are basically living on his unemployment which barely covers the rent and utilitys. So no extra money for saving to get a new car. We barely get anything for food stamps(100 bucks a month!!)I dont what to do anymore I cant get a job since I have no car and we live 30 mins from the nearest town!! I am getting really depressed lately and he doesnt care if I try to talk to him about he turns it on me! The worst is I may be pregnant again we have a one year old already. I am just so out of it!! I wanna just pack up and go to my moms house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly, if I were in that situation I would pack up and go to my moms house until he got his life together.
    It's not fair for you and your child to suffer when he isn't trying.

Good Luck
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 3:03 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Go with your gut, because it's absolutely correct.

Sorry, hon, you dodn't marry a man here, you married a boy. He needs to grow up and your leaving might be just the tonic to get him to do it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:20 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I agree with both of the PP
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:38 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry but if he has a non working vehicle and you live 30 minutes from work.. then hello... how's he going to look for the job, and how would he get there??? He's got to get that vehicle running before he can find or get to a job.
    When running thru some bad luck, you don't pack up and leave them, you stand beside them and support them. Offer to hold the flashlight, hand him tools etc... don't get your panties all wadded up and want to bail at the first sign of trouble. And as for the new baby possibility... for crying out loud WHY??? I know B/C fails but sheesh if I didn't have a job I'd likely just say no, can't do it till you get a job cause we can't afford the dr's visits if an accident happens. I'm sorry that's not directed at you personally. It just drives me up the wall that so many people want to play house and take the chances when they can't even take care of themselves.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:54 AM on May. 8, 2009

• And as for the poster and her child suffering... sheesh she said the unemployment barely (but does) cover their rent and utilities so she's not suffering.
    Don't bother getting married if you're not going to stick around in the harder times. AND someday your Mom isn't going to be here, so you're going to have to learn to stand on your own two feet, and you might as well start now... there's no reason why she should have to take care of you and your child just because you're not happy at the moment, and if you do leave him over this... it's likely when he does get another job, he won't want you back and I wouldn't blame him. Marriage is better and worse, thick and thin, not when things start looking bleak you run and when it turns around you can come back. Marriage is about standing beside one another, helping, supporting and a lot of other things. Don't listen to the shallow people that tell you to leave him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:58 AM on May. 8, 2009