Back-tractions?

I know its possible when in labor to feel the contractions only in your back...is it possible to feel braxton hicks contractions only in your back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Good question! I assume so...I had what felt like braxton hicks back contractions myself....All the aches/pains are still preperation for the real pain!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:23 AM on May. 8, 2009

• well if you can feel Braxton hicks only in your back then when im in labor will I feel the contractions only in my back or is there no way of telling. Im due in a week and get back pains that come and go like braxton hicks but im not sure...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I only felt my BH in my back with the first and did not have back labor and with my second the BH were not in my back and I had back labor. It all depends on the way the baby is sitting right now compared to how they sit when it comes time for the real thing. My first was breech with his head in my rib cage and spine right along mine thus the back pain, but he turned just before labor started and came out exactly the way they are supposed to. My second was sitting just the way she should and then right as I started labor she turned and came out sunny side up!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes! I always have BH "back-tractions"! Lol. Ever since my first pregnancy (this is my fourth), I've had them and have found them to be very normal for me. Of course, back labor in REAL labor is very normal for me too.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:28 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I had braxton hicks but they started in my stomach and moved to my back. If it starts in your lower back and radiates forward then that's labor. Call the doc if they get too close together and grow in intensity.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:16 AM on May. 8, 2009