How can I get pee smell out of carpet?

My sons I guess find it funny to pee in the floor and their room smells terrible, when I catch them I punish them but I think it's a behavior thing- I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, I try explaining to them we are NOT FARM ANIMALS and DO NOT LIVE IN A BARN but theire reply is simply " me no farm animal me BIG BOY Mommy UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP- THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)

sparkle0940

Asked by sparkle0940 at 3:20 AM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• baking soda!!! worked wonders for my dogs pee
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 3:21 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Hi there...i've accidently dropped my daughters potty once, thank goodness it wasn't full! so i grabbed whatever i could find and this is what i came up with and worked for me.. dilute listerine mouth wash with water and spray the area, then use a clean towel to blot the moisture and sprinkle carpet fresh with baking soda and pet odor neutralizer. let it sit until it's dry then vaccuum. good luck!! in regards the boys, i remember reading an article about potty training...let me look for it and ill send u the info...take care...
    roseapple

Answer by roseapple at 5:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

• You can try a light solution of ammonia and water, test an area on your carpet first. The molecules of the ammonia combine with the molecules in the urine and change the chemical makeup of the urine and takes away the smell. I wonder if the cat urine cleaners would work- just wondering, don't know if it would. Anyway, here are some ideas if the others don't work. Is there any chance that putting a potty chair in their room would work? Maybe setting it on a plastic sheet in case they miss?

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I would get a pet odor carpet cleaner, Woolite Oxy Clean for Pet Stains works well.

Wistful

Answer by Wistful at 9:34 AM on May. 8, 2009