Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In what ways can I enforce my visitation since he's....

Violating the agreement by not allowing communication between me and our kids, he's also suggested that I can cancel all my visits with our kids because I violated the court order by taking them out of state during my parenting time and he's out of his mind. I just want to know the right steps to take. It's mothers day and I hope it doesn't suck again this year.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Petition the court to enforce you visitation rights and charge him with contempt of a court order. Parental allienation is illegal and is grounds for changing the custody order.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Petitiont o have the court order reviewed and or modified, thats all you can legally do. but you said you went against the court order by taking them out of state? Be careful because judges get super mad when you defy court orders and that will go against you in court....

    Answer by Bearsjen at 8:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • If he is breaking the court ordered visitation, file contempt of court charges against him. Be sure that you have not and are not violating the court orders yourself.

    Did you take them out of state without his permission? Does he have legal and physical custody? If so, be prepared for a battle with the court for your serious violation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • You can do what you want on your time as long as there is not an order telling you not to take them out of state. Sounds like he knows he has you where he wants you. Do you not have money for a lawyer? Why does he have them all the time anyway? Call child support and ask them to represent you.

    Answer by salexander at 9:24 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Call an attorney and find out what you can do. IF it is in your papers that you can't take the kids out of state and you did, then you were in contempt of court. If he has sole custody, he can keep the kids from contacting you, he has all decision making rights then.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 AM on May. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.