can anyone answer this for me... why are people racist

Why are people racist.. a little background on me, well i started dating my kids father when i was 15 (he's black and im white) well we had our first child in 2004 and our 2nd in 2006 of course my kids are mixed. Well when me and my babies father started dating my dad beat me because he didnt want me with a black man. My mom beat the crap out of me too. I was so depressed i felt unloved the only love i felt was the love my kids father was giving me. But i ran away when i was 17 because i couldnt take the abuse anymore. But my dad loves my kids (he says) but what i cant stand is he will call my kids half breeds, what the hell! but me and the father are no longer together but we still have love for eachother and my dad is always talking bad about their daddy in front of my kids. I tell him to stop and what does he do... tells me to watch my mouth like im a damn kid still living under his damn roof! my ? is why are people racist?

single_mommie24

Asked by single_mommie24 at 3:29 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• People are racist because they're raised to be afraid of that which is different from them.

Sorry, the grandparents lost all visitation rights when they beat you. Cut 'em off.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:50 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think more often then not, it's caused by a slight, a hurt, or something bad that one group of people did to another. Some people generalize to much and punish all similar people based on the actions of one. It starts off a chain reaction that just keeps going. Stupid huh?

You dad sounds like an ass, but don't stress on it to much. One of these days one of your kids are going to correct him. They can see the whole picture better then anyone, your dad won't be able to turn them against their dad, your dad will just build a wedge between them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on May. 8, 2009