How can I get my two year old to sleep through the night.. ever since her twin bro and sis were born she wont sleep but 3 hours then wake up

new siblings

mommyofrosebud

Asked by mommyofrosebud at 3:35 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Goodness, you were up late! I hope you got a little sleep! It's going to take a while for your 2 y/o to settle down for the whole evening. Even 1 baby can be disruptive to sleep, and you have 2. My niece was 7 when her baby sister was born, and I swear she didn't sleep well for 2 years. LOL! I don't have any advice on getting her to sleep. But seeing that you are new-ish, I wanted to let you know that there are groups on here for moms of "toddlers & babies", and also "multiples", "twins", that you could search, and they may have more to say. Good luck, mama!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:29 AM on May. 8, 2009

• First, see if you can determine if there's something that's causing her to wake up (i.e. is she waking up because her siblings are crying to be fed?). If so, being able to do something to minimize it would help. Then, remember that you can't stop a child from waking up at night. They all do it. THe key is to make sure that they can resettle themselves quickly and easily. You don't mention how old the twins are but that probably plays into it too. If she's seeing the attention they get when they wake up, she may simply be trying to get the same thing. (yeah, I know. You're posting this at nearly 4AM, I guessing there isn't alot of time to spare.. LOL)
    Anonymous