Do you believe that your man needs to be taller than you?

I am just wondering, because I hear women say this in real life (outside of CM) occasionally. Personally my hubby and I are very close in height. He is about an inch taller than me but when I wear heels, which I love to do, I am taller than he is. I am actually very comfortable with this. I don't feel like he is any less masculine or manly because of it. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, I definately wouldn't feel comfortable if the man was shorter. (Especially without heels) IDK it is kinda awkward if you have to lean down to be at eye level with him. Personally, I wouldn't be attracted even if he was the most handsome man in the world...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Anon 12:37, Well I never have to lean down to be at eye level with my husband. I guess because we are so close in height. I suppose that might be a little weird though. I am just barely taller than him with my heels on and that is only if they are really high.-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I have dated men who were my own height. (I am 5'6"), but I cannot go shorter. I don't like to feel that I appear as the man's mother because I am taller than him.

If I become taller than the guy with heals, then I will wear flats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on May. 8, 2009

• It's depends. If I was a 6' model then no. But he shouldn't be more then an inch or two shorter. I'm only 5'5", any shorter then me he'd be a midget. I like them big. I've only ever dated one guy under 6'2" and that's my husand. He's 5'11'.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:19 AM on May. 8, 2009

• i'm only 5'1''...so...whether i like it or not, and i do!..they all are taller! lol i actually prefer really tall, but again, to me, that could be 5'10"!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Okay so thus far I have gotten pretty much all yes answers. I'm starting to think that most women really do feel this way. Wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes he needs to be taller, but I am only 5' so its never been a problem.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:27 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Um no. Why should something like that matter; personality matters!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:56 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I do feel that it matters. I always wish my hubby was taller. At the same time, however, this makes me feel like a superficial bitch. I suppose it's a personal thing as far as what you're attracted to. I confess that in 11 years of marriage his height is still something that irks me and I still try to overcome it, but I doubt I ever will. There's just something about tall men that's attractive and sexy to me that I can't understand or explain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Doesn't matter to me, in fact I only had one BF taller than me. My hubby is 5'8" and I'm 5"10" and couldn't be happier.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:21 AM on May. 8, 2009