Why can't two people of the same sex make a baby NATURALLY if people are born to be homosexual? (also in another category)

I know that I am going to get bashed for this question and I don't mean to offend so I will apologize in advance. However (as a Christian), if you believe that God intended sex for procreation than why would He intend for two people to come together who cannot naturally have sex and procreate? If you are not a Christian, then I still would like to know what your thoughts are on this. I realize that two people of the same gender CAN still have children but they CANNOT do it naturally or the way that it SEEMS as though it was intended to be done. I am not anti-homosexuals but this is just something that I have always wondered about and would like honest opinions on. It is the only thing that still really confuses me when it comes to this subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• as an xtian, i don't think God intended sex only for procreation.
    as for your question...i'm curious to see what everyone says. i've never wondered, myself.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:46 AM on May. 8, 2009

• thehairnazi, I most definitely could be wrong about that procreation thing. I am definitely not a Bible scholar. Which is why I asked this question. I am sure that there are people out there who know better than me. I am curious to see what is said too. I am also a little scared, lol.-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

• OK, I may get bashed for this myself, but here goes. First and foremost, I am by all means not against homosexuals in any way. I know some say they are born this way and maybe they believe that to be true. I do not think god intended for 2 men or 2 women to be together as partners. When god created Adam he believed Adam needed an Eve not another Adam. And vise versa. If we are going to get right down to it maybe possibly, I don't know for sure. Maybe the devil puts it into people's minds that they should be homosexual. I know that is what turned my mother in law that way. Her father raped her and so did her brothers when she was a little girl. Now if that isn't the devil doing his work I don't know what is. She tried to be stright again by marrying my husband's dad but eventually she went back to women and has never gone back. I still love and respect her. Like I said I don't have anything against homosexuals.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 6:03 AM on May. 8, 2009

• If two people of the same sex could have babies naturally, that would have to mean that their reproductive organs were opposite. That wouldn't make any sense. Someone needs an egg, and someone needs to fertilize it. If the same sex had different organs to do that, then how would the opposite sex be able to have kids as well? So God obviously had to make a rule to it for procreation to be successful. But if God loves EVERYONE, then why would he be against homosexuals in the first place? Does it really say that in the Bible? I'm curious. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 6:03 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Okay so here is a link to exactly what I have been taught that sex is for from a biblical point of view, for anyone that wants to know: http://www.carm.org/questions/about-sexuality/what-biblical-purpose-sex

Also Mom2Rylin, I do believe that God loves everyone and that as Christians that is what we are called to do as well. I don't mean to imply otherwise. I am just curious about this particular question.

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Do you have a Bible? Or just go to www.bible.com... you can read it there and look up questions.
    It does say that sex is for procreation and that two men/two women lying together is wrong. I'm not gonna bash gays, it's too early in the morning. (hehe JK)... to each his own. I just hope they've read the Bible so at least they know it's wrong. As a Christian, no matter which way you turn it, it's wrong. I don't think people are born gay. I think there are circumstances (like the post above with the MIL who was repeatadly raped) or well, they try gay sex and it floats their boat, know what I mean?
    God made man and woman opposite. We've got a hole... and the man has the perfect thing to go in there... ya know? It's early, Im prolly not making much sense. Ill come back later this morning. :P
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:17 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Mom2Rylin, I get what you are saying but I still don't understand. I mean if God's rule for procreation to be successful was as you implied than it would seem that God didn't make it so that two people of the same sex could make their own baby naturally without any help if they so chose to. Which is the way that it is. Now knowing that God does love everyone, why would He intentionally make it so that two people who genuinely love each other cannot create their own baby (without outside help), unless, it just wasn't what he intended in the first place? Do you understand what I am trying to say? I don't think that He loved them any less than he loves me or any other heterosexual person, it just makes me wonder if homosexuality was his intention or not. -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Obviously it wasn't his intention, OP. Think of it as puzzle pieces. Two women/two men just don't slide together right... and as you said, they can't make their own baby.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:25 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, why do some couples of the opposite sex have trouble conceiving, or can never conceive at all? I get that your question is about same sex relationships, and a lot of people will say it's different b/c they are same sex. Personally, I believe being gay is the way you are born, and just as in the animal kingdom (where there are also same sex relationships), I believe it's a natural form of population control, to a degree. I think that all species have adapted at some point in history to control its own population, and homosexuality is a way to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Thank you Gremlyn for suggesting Bible.com. I use it all the time and I do have several Bibles as well. I just didn't know the exact scripture for what I was saying and it is early here too so I didn't really feel like looking it up. In those cases I always say that I am not sure. If I can't immediately recall the scripture I am sometimes uncertain as to whether or not I am quoting correctly. I have looked it up now though and yes, you are correct and so was I, thank you. I also posted a link to what I have been taught in church as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on May. 8, 2009