I have the flu...

I am alone all day with my daughter, and I am her sole care-giver. How do I avoid passing this virus to my 10 week old daughter. She's my world, if anything happened to her, I could never forgive myself

not-so-des-hw

Asked by not-so-des-hw at 6:37 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• Wear a mask when handling her. You can still talk to her and leave the mask off when you are a little away from her. Wash your hands carefully (20 seconds of washing under warm running water with soap,- sing happy birthday to yourself twice to make 20 seconds.) before touching her. Do not touch her hands or face with your hands. Disinfect the light switches, faucet handles, at least once a day. Open the windows to keep the air fresh (I don't like the idea of disinfectants sprayed into the air around a room.) Don't sneeze, talk, cough, when you are near, since this is the main way the virus is spread. Good luck! And feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 7:12 AM on May. 8, 2009