Is this right i dont think it is?

My stepson liked the little mermaid he was 6 hes a little older now but i can tell he would still want to watch it because my daughter like to watch it. well hes mom and stepdad told him he couldnt watch it because its for girls. Thats hes gay if he watches it. I think that is wrong.. You shouldnt tell your kids what movies they should and shouldnt like. What does everyone think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I say, let the child be a child already...geez whats wrong with people these days. We should'nt refer to gays or anything else when our kids want to do something we don't think fits in with socieity. Kids are people too and we watch all kind of movies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Oh gosh, The poor Boy. He can watch whatever (childrens) movies He likes. That is very wrong to tell him its for Girls. This question really makes Me sad for the little Boy. Please be a strong Stepmom and stick up for the little Guy. Best of luck to You momma.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:08 AM on May. 8, 2009

• youre right. it's wrong.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 7:27 AM on May. 8, 2009

• HES 6 FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!! OMFG! Would they let a girl watch say the movie CARS? My DH sometimes does this sort of thing and I always call him on it. I ask if he would let his daughter do the opposite of it and he stops.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:35 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Wow..A kid is not old enough to know any better! I dont see a problem with it! When my son went to pre-school he would always play dress up with a few other boys and girls. I would ALWAYS question this but his teacher said it is NORMAL for kids to do this. It is a stage and they know no better just yet.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• so i say for his birthday or christmas you buy him all the mermaid movies you can find.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:06 AM on May. 8, 2009

• That is wrong and it's not "gay". And then so many parents wonder why they have problems with their children later. I let my boys watch movies that are geared more towards girls and my daughter will watch movies that are geared towards boys.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Saying that anything MAKES a person gay is wrong. I say let him watch it at your house and tell him you are sorry about his other house. Its there child and they have the right to control what he watches...even if its unfair and wrong. Let the child know that watching movies, or anything else cant make him gay...thats something else entirely that he is too young to undertsand. Just let him know he isnt "bad" in anyway.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:16 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Some people are still so stupid about these things! They are well on their way to raising yet another homophobe. Poor kid. At least he gets to be himself at your house.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 8:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• That is so sad! The poor guy should be able to watch the Little Mermaid if he wants. It's a good FAMILY movie, which means its good for boys, girls, and adults. Shame on them. People wonder why kids grow up with so much hate in them. It's because of people like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 8, 2009