What do i do?

My 9 month old son has a finger that looks infected. The tip of his middle finger is all red and there is a tiny puss bubble on the edge of his nail. I put some neo on it but he keeps trying to eat the band-aid. Any suggestions??

MomCakes

Asked by MomCakes at 7:56 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your doc and ask if there is something to put on it that wont hurt her if it gets into her mouth. I would stop the neo and just try to keep it clean. There is a product by band aid brand that is antibacterial but also is "ouch free" that you can pour on it and pat dry. Doc will probably need to see her tho as a babies circulatory system is immature until about 2 so outer extremeties(like fingers and toes) may not heal well. Call the doctor.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:05 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Take him to the doctor- he may have an infection or ingrown nail.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 8:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I say to the doctor right away. But if for some reason you can't you need to pop and get out the puss with a needle and then clean away. With some peroxide. Well I hope the babys finger gets better
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I would for sure bring him to the doctor for this one... it might be a cellulitis (skin infection) and you don't want it to get worse and end up in the hospital.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:00 AM on May. 8, 2009