What is normal?

I mean when we say "she isn't normal" or "that is abnormal". What is the standard for normal? Do we all have our own personal standards of being normal? What do you think. (And I don't mean Websters definition of normal, think more outside the box.)

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 8:04 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP ~ I believe your second question is the answer - we each have our own concepts of what is normal. I believe those concepts came from our families and the society we grew up in. Each person is different as to how open or closed their minds are to new concepts and behaviors of other people. With everything merged together, each person has formed their own version of what is "normal."
    Of course, ethics, the law, and psychological boundaries play a huge role in defining how a person is perceived. With that in mind, most of society has also formed a version of what is socially "normal."
    This was a wonderful question to get those brain juices flowing this morning! :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:38 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Depends on what exactly you are talking about. Nothing and no one is "normal"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on May. 8, 2009

• They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I say normal is too. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 8:19 AM on May. 8, 2009

• i dont think there really is a "normal" because everyone is different!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• What is normal to one person, is not normal to another. We all so have our own standards and definitions of being normal.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:14 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think we consider normal as in people who think like we do, but we are all different and how boring would it be if we were not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Normal, conforming to a type or standard. I conform to the rules or should I say laws of society but that's about it. I don't break the law but I live my life the way I thing is right. I try to do good deeds, and make a difference. I think the world is so diverse that the world normal is obsolete. Our diversity negates the theory of normal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:16 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I really don't think there is such a thing as "normal". Because can any one of us actually define "normal"? Therefore, we don't know what it is! Lol :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:40 AM on May. 8, 2009

• normalcy is over-rated.. People think that anything that differs from what they believe is abnormal!
    Anonymous