What do you think this means? Husband comes home with weird story.

My husband came home from work last night and said something weird happened at work. He said that one of the females that he works with came up to him and was all upset. He said that she started going off about how she is not a cheater, that she would never cheat on her husband etc. Then she kept saying to him you know what I mean. And he said no I don't know what you mean. Like he doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. But she kept saying to him "you know what I mean, don't pretend you don't know what I mean."

So, then my husband asks me what I think she means. I said point blank that maybe she thinks you guys were having some kind of an affair and her husband found out. Thump. He didn't answer. Then we watched Lost and didn't talk about it anymore.

I'm still uneasy with the whole scenario. I want to bring it up but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Any advice? Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Tonight after he gets home from work I would ask if he talked to her again today. i don't think it sounds like they are having an affair because he wouldn't have brought it up at all :) Men are dumb and clueless sometimes. And women can be psycho.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:56 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Maybe she wants to have an affair with your husband. Your husband came to you about this...Hint one he is not cheating. He wanted your opinion about the situation...hint 2..he is not cheating. I would tell him next time he goes to work to avoid her at all cost. If you husband loves you he will not cheat. if need be I would tell the boss and have him talk to her about sexual harassment in the work place.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:56 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Or maybe, he was really clueless (you do know that is a mans downfall right...being clueless) Maybe he did not answer because you put tension in the air and he sensed you where getting upset. Maybe he was really just sharing a story. Point blank he did not have to say anything to you...he could have remained silent.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 8:58 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Ask him about it i don't let anything go with my SO if it does'nt sit right with me then we talk about it till we are ok with it. I don't think hes cheating on you but i also don't know why he even said anything to you, it was probably bothering him so he needed to talk to you about it , but he can't just leave you feeling the way you are. My SO knows that sometimes things are better left un said..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think she was feeling him out to see if something could happen ...men are naive ....and i'm sorry but bitches are bitches
    lorrainebabies

Answer by lorrainebabies at 9:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Maybe she thinks there's an emotional affair going on between them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• he doesn't sound like he's doing anything and if she thinks they are then it's her issue not his. Bless his heart. He sounds like one of those deer shocked by headlights. He has no clue what's going on. LOL You are a lucky woman. I think I'd like having one that doesn't even think about cheating and has no clue when women even talk about it! Hug that man's neck and stop worrying. If he was doing anything he wouldn't have even shared the story.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think if there was anything on his part he would never have brought it up with you. But when you got tense and made an accusation (no matter how small it was) he got nervous. Don't let this nut cause you trouble, tell your DH that you think this woman in unbalanced and to distance himself as much as possible!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:08 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I have a different scenerio.... I think maybe she heard a rumor, maybe her hubby did and maybe someone said that your hubby was the one that told them... or something like that so she's trying to make him undo what she thinks he did (which he couldn't anyway).
    Maybe she doesn't want people to think bad of her and maybe she thinks he could be the voice of reason in the workplace?
    A lot of people say "you know what I mean" and it doesn't mean anything really other than "do you know what I mean?".
    You made a big mistake tho, you made your hubby feel like he made a mistake coming to you because you instantly made him feel like you thought he was cheating. Now he's in shut down mode and I don't blame him so don't be surprised when he doesn't feel comfortable coming to you with these things again.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:25 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Maybe she thinks he is interested in her, or she is interested in him and was trying to find out if he felt the same and if he would ever cheat on you. I would tell him that if she talks to him like that again, tell her that he agrees with her and that he would never cheat on you. There are some scandalous women out there! It's possible your husband was nice to her and she took it the complete wrong way. So maybe he just needs to make it clear to her that he is not interested in her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 8, 2009