would you hire a maid?

my mother has an anally clean house....and honestly i like it hah.
but my house...is just nto that clean. its not dirty but with a toddler and a husband as messy as her i feel like for every 5 items i clean....4 of those instantly get cluttered up again. ive been thinking about maybe having a cleaning service come in once a month to deep clean. i couldnt do every day..that would be way too expensive. would you do a monthly maid service cleaning? i can just never get the house as clean as i want it. right now , its straightened up....but in every room i can find things that could be better...and for the hours i spend cleaning every day, i always wake up having to do the same things over again, pick up after my husband/toddler and i feel like i barely make headway

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:00 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• NO, But my house is sickly clean. When I vacuum I don't let people walk on the carpet.
    IDK, its the way I was raised.
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 9:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Wow, if I could afford a maid service I'd LOVE it! Yes I'd do it!

Your main complaint is clutter....maybe you should get rid of stuff. When you pick something up, ask yourself if you really need it and if it is beautifying your home. If not, throw it out or put it in a box for garage sale stuff. There are lots of ways to declutter and organize your home so that it looks neat and is easier to clean; try www.flylady.net OR join the group here on CM called Clean, Organize and De-Clutter Your Life!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

• If you can afford it I say get one. But if you can't cleaning your house to the way you want it takes time believe me. I use to clean houses proffionaly. They don't get that way by one cleaning it takes weeks or months before they get to that perfect state. Most house cleans comes to a clean house and clean everything that normal ppl just can't see. Or that the average person doesn't pay attention to
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:05 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I knwo the feeling with a 9 yr old. 3 yr old, husband, and 2 dogs. I have often thogut of hiring a maid service, but then i realized that once a month the house would be clean, then it woudl just go back to teh way it was, so in my opinion, its a waste of money. I have learned to "deal" with the mess for now. It wont be liek this forever.
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 9:05 AM on May. 8, 2009

• #1 Well you have one child not to your hubby can clean up after himself.
    #2 your hubby can take the LO out for a few hours so you can deep clean the house.
    #3 why spend the money when your hubby can help you out.
    #4 It would be cheaper if you hired a sitter and your hubby helped you out.
    Sorry if im coming off like a bitch it just bugs me when a grown man does'nt pick up after himself. We as mommys have enough to do then clean up after them to..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 8, 2009

• honestly...sometimes i wish my husband would help a bit more.
    example last night he wanted brownies, i told him pleae clean up the mess...
    his idea of clean throw the pan into the sink, leave cocoa powder on the stove and part of a freaking egg shell on the counter.
    he throws his clothes on the floor, he leaves his damn ben n jerry's containers in the back on his nightstand , just throws his laundry into the laundry room wherever he wants even though i created a bin system that has an area for me, him , the baby, and misc.
    i like ultra clean homes for a lot of reasons..one..it feels calming, it really does....two germs! with having a toddler and im surey ou mommies know they eat everything...
    i remember one week, i went hardcore on the kitchen one day , it was freaking spotless..perfect....and hardcore on the dining room, i told him these need to STAY this way, ill do the living room hardcore and the bathroom next etc.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• after that i did the lawn really good front and back....

and i walk in that evening after finiishing the lawn and garden area....
    and he had already messed up the kitchen. its a losing battle lol.

moki1984

• i agree, he could help more.
    the most he does is one day of the weekend he will do the dishes for me and if he's feeling really froggy, vacuum the rug by the couch. but thats it. the house, car, front and back lawn are all me.
    actually......my toddler picks up her own toys now and puts them in teh toy box, she helps me more now lol. she also likes to help swiffer hah.

it would be nice if he took her somewhere and just gave me free time to deep clean. but he really doesnt take her anywhere alone. its either all of us as a family, or me and her.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• "Your main complaint is clutter....maybe you should get rid of stuff. When you pick something up, ask yourself if you really need it and if it is beautifying your hom"
    i have been actually, i told him we are having a yard sale. and i got a lot of stuff.....i got him to part with one thing lol. he keeps saying noo i want to keep it. i told him we sell all of this, and use the money to get a nice looking new bookshelf (we both have a lot of books that are just stacked in the storage closet) but he doesnt want to part with stuff. we are both pack rats to some extent
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:15 AM on May. 8, 2009

• once a month deep cleaning.. Yes i would hire someone to do it.. everyday cleaning, no. couldn't afford it. LOLOLOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:30 AM on May. 8, 2009