How can I tell my mom that she is going to be a grandmother again?

I would like to do this in a poem or some way that is really neat.

gracie85

Asked by gracie85 at 9:00 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get her a Mothers Day card from the 'baby to be' telling her how excited 'baby' is to meet her and how 'baby' knows she's gonng be a WONDERFUL g-ma....lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:02 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Well Mother's Day is in two days... this is one example of a poem...

I do not have a face to see,
    Or put inside a frame.
    I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
    I don't yet have a name.
    You can't yet hold my tiny hands, 'nor whisper in my ear.
    It's still too soon to sing a song, or cuddle me so near.
    But all will change come summer time,
    That’s when they say I'm due.
    I'll be your third grandchild; I can't wait till I meet you.
    All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow.
    I promise I'll be worth the wait, because of all the love we'll know.
    So have a Merry Christmas
    A wish to you from me.
    I cannot wait to be a part
    Of this great family!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:04 AM on May. 8, 2009

• that poem is great! You could put that inside of a card (but change Merry Christmas! lol)
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:05 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Me TOO! I am waiting till I have my ultrasound. I bought my son a shirt (he will be 8 in June) and it has Only Child crossed out and Big Brother under it. I want him to give my parents the ultrasound. I thought that way it's more touching coming from one grandchild to his grandparents instead of me telling them.

Try this poem

I do not have a face to see, Or put inside a frame. I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I don't yet have a name. You can't yet hold my tiny hands, 'Nor whisper in my ear. It's still too soon to sing a song,
    or cuddle me so near. But all will change come ____________(month baby is due),
    That’s when they say I'm due. I'm your new ________ (grandchild or other relationship);
    I can't wait to meet you. All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow. I promise I'll be worth the wait because of all the love we'll show. I cannot wait to be apart of this wonderful family!
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I had to look at your screen name and make sure you were not my dd. I do NOT want more grand children. I hope your mom does. I hope this recession has not put you in a financial bind and you can afford another mouth to feed. I hope you have at least adequate income that can feed your family and keep a roof over your head and all is well with the husband (I hope you have a husband and don't want mom taking care of you and the new one). I hope it's a planned pregnancy and not an "Oops, look what we did" type of thing.
    Sorry, but I'm so glad this isn't my dd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I like the poems that were given to you. That would be super in a Mother's Day card.

And Anonymous 8:57 a.m.-What does it matter if her mother wants more grandchildren or not? She's getting one. I know my parents did not want me to have more children after my 3rd. I am now pregnant with my 5th. My husband and I support my children emotionally and financially and quite frankly, it is MY uterus. We will have as many children as WE want...not as our parents want us to have. Sheesh.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I really like the poems that were posted. I am telling my mom on Mother's Day that I am pg w/ her 4th grandchild. I was thinking of having each of my kids give her a flower, and then I would give her another flower and a copy of my ultrasound picture. Maybe I will use that poem too.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:40 AM on May. 8, 2009

• To the anon poster... I am also glad I am not you "dear daughter". Doesn't seem like you think much of her or her mothering skills. Way to be supportive, maybe if you had done a better job raising her you wouldn't have to feel like you do now.
    Anonymous

• I like your poem idea! I also had a friend who went to visit her mom and gave her a present and inside was a bib, bottle, pacifier.. that type of thing. Kind of a neat idea
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 1:03 PM on May. 8, 2009