Stop belching like a trucker!

My 10yr old (almost 11) daughter belches like a trucker. She always says it's an accident but I know it's to grab attention. We have tried 10min timeouts standing in the corner we have tried ignoring her when she does it this only makes it worse. We have even grounded her. She has gotten better but will still do it at an inappropriate time ie. at a restaurant or my in-laws. How do I stop this rude behavior?

jhewlett

Asked by jhewlett at 9:08 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• have her pay for her bad words if she has money have her give to your church. Every time she says a BW have her put .50 in a jar and the end of the week take to your church.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:17 AM on May. 8, 2009

• well as a truckers wife i have to deal with this all the time with my son which i finally fixed the problem i wrote down 5 chores that my child didn't like. dishes, pick up dog poo, fold clothes match socks, clean the bathroom. then i get a bowl mix it around let them pick 1 behavior chore, and that means they will have to do it all week. which my son has finally stopped farting anywhere at any time, so maybe this will help cause some kids out grow lil kids punshment and they will act better when they know it a big kid punshment
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 9:21 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Make her leave the table or room and don't let her return until she can act appropriately.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 AM on May. 8, 2009

• IT's just a burp. I've learned, the more you over react to small things, to more they just want to do them. Act like it doesn't bother you, and it shouldn't embaress you. It's a burp. My sons burp all the time in public, and peole look, but it shouldn't matter. don't worry about it and she'll grow out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Money is an awesome motivator!
    malindasb

Answer by malindasb at 12:01 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Give her a good swat when she does this nasty little stunt!! She will stop!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I would just ignore it. Its a stage. My sister used to do the same thing when we were younger. Her and my dad would try to see whos was louder...My mom hated it but when she relized that it wasnt such a big deal to do it at home she didnt do it when we would be out in public. Good luck but it is a normal thing. It shouldnt bother you that much when your out in public.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Hit her where it hurts, cut out allowance if she gets one, or take the ipod, what ever she happens to live for would be mine until she gets I mean business.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on May. 11, 2009