does your husband help clean?

does your hubby help you clean? i feel like im fighting an uphill battle trying to keep the house as clean as i can....its nothing new for me to be breaking a sweat cleaning all day, then within half hour of him being home, something is messy again. and he just leaves it for me. its really starting to wear thin on me...at first i wanted to be supermom and do everything but anymore i feel like taking his mess and dumping it all on his computer desk since he leaves it everywhere for me to pick up after him. doing his laundry, sure i am a sahm, putting his dishes in the sink that he leaves laying around, wiping his shaving cream off of the sink...all of these things are just annoying the piss out of me, and the car..omg he trashes the car every week and its a nice cute hatchback, its small..it gets messy fast lol.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:20 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Ha did we marry the same man! Same thing for me here, but I have noticed that when I go a few days w/o picking up after him he seems to get tired of the mess and picks up on his own. Saves myself the fight.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:25 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I know how you feel. It took me a long time to figure out what works to motivate my husband. When we met, he lived with his mom. She cleaned most of the house herself, but just let him make messes in his room and basement area (she lived upstairs and he lived downstairs.) He got used to just being able to make a mess without anyone complaining. It took me years to get him to change! I always propose cleaning to him like "This and this needs done. You pick what you want to do." Like, last night, our daughter needed a bath and the house was desperately in need of a pick-up. There were toys everywhere and our bed needed made. I gave our daughter a bath and he actually cleaned quite well! Let your husband know how draining it is to have to clean everything on your own. If he's unwilling to help....slap him. Hard. Then threaten to leave his lazy butt. :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My husband does everything I do. I am a SAHM and the weekends are my somewhat days off. My husband cooks, cleans, vacuums, does dishes, sweep and mop floors, clean bathroom. He helps me out a lot. My husband has never been messy. I never really have a mess to clean except for what mess my LO's make. which is a lot half the time. My 3 year old son is learning how to pick up after himself and how to clean. He helps us do laundry and fold clothes. He loves to help and I really enjoy spending the time with him doing that kind of stuff. My husband has tried teaching him already that it is his place to help the woman of the house throughout his life and not letting a woman do the work for him. I LOVE MY HUSBAND! Don't get me wrong he is not perfect in anyway. We fight like any other married couple. but that is one thing we do not fight about.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:28 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm a SAHM but my husband and I both do house work. We have a deal, I wash and fold the clothes and he puts them away. We both cook, we both do dishes, we both pick up and vacuum. We do everything together. There are days when I just clean clean clean, and there are days I don't do a darn thing. He is the same way. We work very well together. If we didn't and I had to do EVERYTHING by myself I would most certainly go CRAZY!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 9:28 AM on May. 8, 2009

• He helps when I work outside home. I was just walkin around lookin at the mess the guys left me and I'm here instead because I've learned to clean a house in an hour. I just wish my dh would quit smoking cigarettes. Pobody's nerfect. most men like to bring out the nagging mom at one time or another. I'ts a cheap form of attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

• lol, my hubby does some annoying lil things like that. I am also a sahm, but we have 3 kids and various critters so it's a lot of cleaning and maintaining. I have brought the most annoying habits to my hubby's attention (one at a time) and he now picks up his dirty clothes in the bathroom and generally takes care of his dirty dishes. But I think I am blessed because sometimes he chips in and helps me pick up in the evening so that we can cuddle on the couch after the kids are in bed :o)
    Anonymous

• 2wndrfl btrflys im sooo jealous of ur hubby lol!!!! ima sthm of two little girls and my husband works all week then on the weekends he goes out with his brother golfing or wutever he wants to do and when i say sumthin about it he always says its my days off i want to be able to have fun!! and im like when do i get a day off??
    MomaKel

Answer by MomaKel at 9:35 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My husband helps with every thing. But that started with me when we got married. I nicely would tell him to help and show him how. Sometimes they do not help because they just do know what to do. When you see him making a mess just give him the towel and say you clean that with this.
    open the dishwasher and tell him just put them in there. Always say thank you my love
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:40 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, well, well,he needs to see that you are'nt his mother and needs to find a cleaning bone in his body. My SO picks up after himself he does'nt do dishes he does make the bed and puts lanudry in the dryer. I work outside the home and he stays home with are daughter so yes i would like him to do more but i would rather him to play with the baby and pick up his dirty dishes. So ya im with you Don't clean for one or two days and see how he likes that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Momakel You are letting him take you for granted. The weekend are also your days off and you both need to do family stuff.
    You have to put your foot down or it will get worse. You work just as hard why should he get time off? and not you?
    I have had a rule that the weekend I'm off . I told my husband I work at home, wakeup at work, eat at work I'm always at work. I also need time off. Went out to eat on the weekends fast food was fine as lone as did not cook. Went to the movies. you need to have fun too, DO NOT FORGET THAT!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:49 AM on May. 8, 2009