gift ideas for a boy 1st Holy communion

Ok my nephew is taking his first Holy Communion tomorrow and I need to get him a gift. We try to only spend about 25-30 bucks. My SIL and BIL are REALLY bad with money so cash is out...even though thats what SIL suggested I give. I don't want him cash only to piss it away on crap that he will be bored with in 2 weeks. I don't want to do a Bible or something like that because I am sure everyone will do that....any ideas?

mere417

Asked by mere417 at 9:20 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well you could always get him a savings bond. My DS's God Mother gave him one along with a beautiful stone rosary. Or get him a gift certificate to a place you know he likes. If you are really worried about them blowing his money or gift card, offer to take him personally to buy something.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:43 AM on May. 8, 2009