Does anyone have a number for the IRS that I can actually speak to a real person?

I have been calling the IRS number because I had to file an injured spousal claim and I want to find out the status of my refund but it wont connect me to a live person. I cant check the status with the automatic answering system because i do not know the exact amount of my refund. Can anyone help me?

dearone07

Asked by dearone07 at 9:22 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I called this number yesterday! Pure Crap! Can you Believe this We got $600 Stimulas money. Just like other Married couples got!? Well they took money out of our Tax Refund. Saying we were only entitled to $459.50!! We didn't Ask for it or anything. It was only deposited to our checking account! We did no filing or claiming! With DH & I unemployed & 1 Small Unemployment Check this Stinks! Sorry I'm Rambling... On the IRS letter we got is the number I spoke to A real Human! After Loudly listening to A Disney Song!! Very Loud! When placed back on hold I heard it Again ! Good Luck!! Here's the number I called1-800-829-0922. Follow the Prompts! Hope this Helps!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:58 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Thanks, but it wont let me talk to someone..It tells me to enter soc. number, filing status, and refund amount and if I do not have to call back when I do. But thats the problem, I dont have the refund amount which is why i need to talk to someone. This is frustrating, as you know lol
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 10:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• There are no real people at the IRS just machines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Have you tried www.irs.gov? just keep trying different numbers utnil you find one. Try the 1040 insturctions. THere should be a hotline number to call there too.
    Anonymous

• My friend told me about this amazing website that has changed my life as I know it. It is called gethuman.com . It tells you how to get a human on the phone no matter what business you want to call. Look up the US IRS, (there's other countries on there) and you will find instructions. I have used it every time I've called customer service for ANYTHING! It makes the calls go so much easier!!!!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:18 PM on May. 8, 2009