did u get ur lil boy circumcised?

my 2 yr old it cost me 500 i had it dne right after birth
and i am also do any time now I am having this baby in another county so... they r only charging me 220.. how much did it cost you and where r u from ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did, I was on (medicaid) wellcare at the time so I'm not sure how much it costs.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:30 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Nope
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:32 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I was also on medicaid but I saw the bill. The circumcision cost $483. But they forgot to charge me for the medication they sent me home with. lol
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

• im on medicid also but it dont cover that anymore so i have too pay for it
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:38 AM on May. 8, 2009

• If I had a boy I would do it and it would be free with the military. Well insurance would pay for it all so I wouldn't pay anything out of pocket. My sister has 2 boys and she only had to pay 15% of the total bill. So I think total she paid maybe 400 for both of them.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:43 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Wow, I can't believe Medicaid would pay for such a pointless procedure.

I had a daughter but I would not circumsize. There's no medical reason for it. If that is your religious preference then fine, whatever, mutilate your baby boy's penis to please God, but I am having a hard time swallowing that the state will use tax dollars to pay for an expensive procedure that has no basis in medical fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• actually there is a reason medical to cutt the little boys privates. At first I didn't want to do it but the doctors convienced me that it should be done. So my son could avoid infections down there.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:48 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My son was. My insurance paid for it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, working at a nursing home yo wouldn't believe how many UTI's the residents get, what happens if while they are being cleaned, if they foreskin isn't placed back where it belongs how swollen and blue it gets, you have to put ice to get the swelling down... its just not good. Don't worry about what others do with their sons. If you don't believe it is right for your son to be circumcised then don't. Don't worry about those that do because.. ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. But now my son is at less risks of infections if it is not properly taken care of. And who cares if the state paid for it.. guess what.. I've paid taxes, my entire family has paid taxes too... so its not just YOUR MONEY. I guess you could say my family paid for it if it makes you feel better. Good Lord.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2009

• All it takes to avoid infections "down there" is to be hygenic. The AAP came out against routine circumcision. Your doctors were biased, probably for religious reasons. Little boys have to learn to wash just like little girls do. Girls' anatomy makes them more predisposed to UTI's... should we cut off their labia to avoid that? No. So why is it okay to do it to little boys? Did you know that a circumcision takes 1/3 of your son's sexual sensitivity with it?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:57 AM on May. 8, 2009